Disposal Repair and Maintenance
Thank you for stopping by Liberty Appliance Service. On this web-page, we give pointers on some of the most common issues with garbage disposals to help you decide whether or not you might be able to fix the problem yourself. If you need an excellent garbage disposal repair service to come out and take a look, give us a call.
Liberty Appliance provides appliance repair service on all makes and models of appliances. We service Salt Lake City, Ogden, Provo, and their surrounding areas. With nearly two decades of troubleshooting experience, you can rest assured that we will fix your refrigerator, garbage disposer, or any other appliance, with as little down time as possible.
Most Common Disposal Problems
- Hums, and won’t chop waste
- Clogged, and backing up
- Very noisy
- Does nothing
- Jams too easily
- Makes more noise than it used to
- Drains slowly
Recommended Care and Maintenance For Garbage Disposals
- Do not grind potatoes, yams, carrots or similar foods. They might form a clog in your drain.
- Don’t grind eggshells. The small shell grindings stick to gunk in your drain, forming clogs.
- Don’t put grease down a disposal, or your drain.
- Run a garbage disposal cleaning tablet through every few months.
- You can grind up lemon peels, with ice cubes, to help remove some of the build-up.
- Always unplug, or cut the power, to a garbage disposer, before you fish objects out.